For Zach Ertz and the Philadelphia Eagles, it doesn’t get much better than opening the season with an NFC East victory on the road.
Zach had a great first day of the 2017-18 season, hauling in all eight of his targets for a team-high 93 yards as Philly secured a 30-17 win over the Washington Redskins. His longest reception was also perhaps his most important of the afternoon.
Philly faced 3rd-and-10 leading by just two in the fourth quarter when Carson Wentz was flushed out of the pocket. Rolling to his left, Wentz looked right for the big No. 86. ZE had found a pocket in the defense, Wentz hit him for an enormous 23-yard gain.
The field position gained by that first down eventually led to a field goal. And just a few plays after that, Fletcher Cox scooped up a fumble forced by Brandon Graham and took it back for the game-sealing touchdown.
“The important thing is that we made plays when we had to,” Zach said. “We chipped away, especially in the fourth quarter. We got the win, and that’s the important thing. That’s all that matters.”
Check out more from Saturday’s victory in Landover, Md. at the links below.
- Eagles’ Zach Ertz: Snags all eight targets vs. Redskins (CBS Sports, Sept. 10, 2017)
- Carson Wentz, Nelson Agholor and Zach Ertz give reason for optimism about Eagles’ offense (NJ.com, Sept. 11, 2017)
- Carson Wentz and offense uneven, but Eagles win wild ride (ESPN, Sept. 10, 2017)
- Wentz Passes for 307 yards, 2 TDs as Eagles blast Redskins (Reuters, Sept. 10, 2017)
- Five reasons the Eagles beat the Redskins (Philadelphia Inquirer, Sept. 10, 2017)
- In Carson Wentz, teammates old and young see the Eagles’ missing piece (Philadelphia Inquirer, Sept. 10, 2017)
- It’s Week 1, but that didn’t stop the Philadelphia Eagles from celebrating with a Gatorade bath (Washington Post, Sept. 10, 2017)
- Jason Peters: ‘There is no doubt I will play in Kansas City’ (Philadelphia Eagles, Sept. 10, 2017)