86: The Blog

My Commitment to Philly

By | 2017-06-05T22:32:20+00:00 01.25.16|Blog, News|16 Comments

Nothing could make me happier than knowing I’m going to be a member of the Philadelphia Eagles for years to come.

I love Philly. My family loves it. I love how passionate Eagles fans are about their football, how they live and breathe it. I put a lot of pressure on myself to be the best, and our fans want us to be successful as much as we want to be successful.

What I love more than anything is that fans here in Philadelphia are truly honest with you. If you’re not playing great, you’re going to hear about it. If you’re losing, you’re going to hear about it. If they’re not happy, they’re going to let you know.

I have no issue with that. I know when I’m messing up, and when I do, I feel the same way they do. In life, you have to be accountable. You reap what you sow. When we’re playing great and winning, our fans are the best fans in the world, and there’s no one else in the league I’d rather play for.

That’s the way it should be.

This past season taught me a lot, and tested me in ways I had never imagined. Over the coming offseason, I’ll be getting back to the grind, and working toward next year. I’ve got a lot of motivation. We all do.

I couldn’t be more proud to be putting that work in for the Eagles, and for the city of Philadelphia. My sincerest thank you to Mr. Lurie and the rest of the organization for making this commitment to me. I am committed to doing everything I can to be the best player I can be, and to help our team get back to the Super Bowl and win it.

Let’s get to work.

16 Comments

1. Geronemo January 25, 2016 at 4:00 pm - Reply

First? That’s not old right? Congrats man don’t ever stop loving this

2. Frank Caldetone January 25, 2016 at 4:19 pm - Reply

Hi Zach huge die hard fan of yours congrats
    on the extension for five more years here!!!!!

Can you send me a 4X name and number shirt to me please

3. Luke January 25, 2016 at 4:20 pm - Reply

Congrats man on the cintract an keep workin ur tail off its payin off literally. Play together Win together. FLY EAGLES FLY!!!

4. Kelly Fessler January 25, 2016 at 5:18 pm - Reply

Amazing to wake up to this Monday morning !!! Love Zach Ertz…. Wear his jersey for every game!

5. Josh Goldwasser January 25, 2016 at 5:52 pm - Reply

Congratulations, man! Next year is your year, Zach — time to build that legacy.

6. Ryan Hall January 25, 2016 at 5:58 pm - Reply

Congrats man! As one of those Philly fans that let’s yall know it good or bad I must say I’m grateful to have you back in midnight green for years to come. We lose sight of the dedication you guys bring to the table every day. Living in upstate New York, being surrounded by Giants fans, driving almost 4 hours for every home game sometimes anger takes over and I forget what you guys put on the line. This post made me proud to call you an Eagle! Fly, Eagles , fly!

7. Ray January 25, 2016 at 6:01 pm - Reply

So glad to hear you are staying. Have your jersey and framed the autograph you did for me while you were at the Audi dealership in San Diego. Thanks again!!!

8. Michael.Revelli January 25, 2016 at 6:55 pm - Reply

I can sincerely appreciate the signing of Philadelphia Eagles TE Zach Ertz. He is coming forward as one of the young, athletic and multi talented TEs in the NFL. His ability to run block, as well as pass block has grown tremendously over his time with the Eagles. In addition, Ertz works hard at trying to be the best at his craft; he not only tries to elevate himself to the top of his position, but also one of the best skilled players league widd. He continues to grow as a player, and also infuses himself into the community as a positive role model. I thank the Eagles organization for recognizing his ability and rewarding him accordingly. Look for Ertz continued growth and becoming one of the BEST tight ends in the league……the only TE i see him trailing as far as talent is the Patriots Rob Gronkowski…but its may be a photo finish ag the end of the 2016-17 season. Congrats Zach, and continue to fly high as a member of our Philadelphia Eagle ! #proudfan #eaglesnation #badassTE

9. Mr. Funky Mike Alba January 25, 2016 at 7:01 pm - Reply

You just won the internet and PHILADELPHIA!!!!

Thank you for all you efforts and thank you for being here!!

If all the team thinks like you, not only will they be worshipped and revered in our town, in time, they’ll be hoisting THAT trophy over their heads, and we’ll be sharing in your glorious success with you!!!

Don’t take the booing personal, it’s just that we hurt just as much, IF NOT MORE, as the players, during losses. And exalt like we’re one of the team during victories.

FLY, EAGLES, FLY!!!

10. Michael.Revelli January 25, 2016 at 7:02 pm - Reply

In case it isnt abundantly clear……im a huge Zach Ertz fan! Sorry for the last post, probably should have proofread and edited it prior to the final submission. Either way….you get the point. Again, congrats #86, you deserve the recognition by your team. Keep up the hard work and dedication…..your fans apprsciate it, and your play demonstrates your commitment.

THANK YOU!!

11. Paul Covell January 25, 2016 at 9:21 pm - Reply

Great news Zach, you are a class act and Philly fans are lucky to have you. A chip off the old block, I was co captain with your dad in high school. I’m sure he is a proud pappa. Good luck as you prepare for next season.

• Snowy July 12, 2016 at 1:49 pm - Reply

Hope she is a good sport Good luck!! Sounds like an awesome time. I moved to Florida on the gulf and had every innitteon of learning to sail! Course life and job changes forced me to give up that for now Still plan on doing it though!

12. Joe January 26, 2016 at 12:12 am - Reply

congratulations you are the gronk of the eagles hopefully we resign Bradford and get an o line we can be a dangerous team again

13. Diego Poop January 26, 2016 at 12:21 am - Reply

I’m thrilled you’ll be part of this team for many more years! Let’s get that Super Bowl!

14. Michael January 26, 2016 at 1:28 am - Reply

Best breaking news on a snow day yet!! Congrats man!! From, section 225

15. James Murphy January 27, 2016 at 8:50 pm - Reply

Hello Zachary it was exciting to watch you last season and I am so Glad Mr Lurie extended your Contract another Five years so Congratulations well deserved now I hope they keep Celek and that other white Reciever around thanks I will be watching next year I sure hope they can sign Bradford but I don’t think he is worth 20 Million a year